Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

M&M Cookies and (another) New Year's Resolution

Yes, these were made for Christmas. Yes, Christmas has come and gone. I know I've been ignoring my blog lately (shame on me!) and I have no excuses now that the holidays are over and I'm on break from school. Can I use work as an excuse? I usually make the same resolutions every New Year: Eat healthier and exercise more. This year is no different, but I'm also adding another one: Stop being such a procrastinator. I'm great at wasting time when I should be doing other things. So I am vowing to get off my butt and stop being lazy.  

Back to the cookies. I never eat candy. I'd rather a piece of cake, a cupcake, or a cookie any day over a piece of candy. Although when I go to the movies (which is rare), I always eat M&Ms. I like that they are crunchy. That's why I like these cookies. They are soft with crunchy chocolate candies baked inside. What's not to love?

M&M Cookies
Source: Delish

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 and 1/3 cup M&Ms

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.

In another bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and beat well. 

Add flour mixture to butter mixture in installments and beat until well blended. Stir in M&Ms. 

Roll into one-inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheet and cool completely on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment