Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Superbowl Cupcakes

Sometimes you have to improvise. I wanted to make a special Superbowl cake for our friend's party, but then was told someone else was making a cake. I was dismayed, but came up with plan B. I was going to make chocolate cupcakes topped with the Steelers' logo. I went to the grocery store to pick up a few items and spotted a bag of football shaped Oreo cookies. I picked up the cookies and went with plan C. I made my go-to chocolate cupcakes from Hershey as planned and swirled some chopped up Oreo cookies into the batter. After they cooled, I piped buttercream tinted green onto the cupcakes to look like grass and topped them with a football cookie. They came out really cute and I was happy with the way they turned out, even if the design wasn't what I had originally planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment