Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies


There is nothing that I adore more than cookies, especially chocolate chip cookies. I love trying new variations, so when I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it sooner than later. The salty-sweet combination made this cookie so scrumptious that I had to hide them—before I devoured them all. I think the next time I make these, I'm going to add peanut butter chips.

Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: Beantown Baker via Culinary in the Desert Country!

Ingredients:
2 and 1/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt (I omitted since I used salted butter.)
1 and 1/2 sticks butter, room temperature
1 cup packed dark brown sugar (I used light brown sugar.)
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups pretzel sticks, crushed
2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Whisk together flour and baking soda and set aside.
In another bowl, beat together butter and sugars until creamy.
Add eggs, one at a time, and mix well.
Add vanilla and mix well.
Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until well combined.
Stir in pretzels and chocolate chips.
Drop dough by tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 9 to 13 minutes until lightly brown on the edges.
Remove from oven and let cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets.
Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.

1 comment:

  1. Yours look great. Isn't the sweet/salty combo of these cookies awesome?!?

    ReplyDelete