Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies


My husband has been asking me to make him double chocolate chip cookies—for just him. He says I've been baking too much for other people and not enough for him. The funny thing is he doesn't like chocolate. But then he requests not just chocolate, he wants double chocolate. I don't know about him sometimes. These were very good, not too chocolatety. The white chocolate chips balanced these nicely. They were, however, sweet which is perfect for me. I love anything sweet, including my husband.

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Beantown Baker

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt (I omitted because I used salted butter.)
2 sticks butter (softened)
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I had leftover.)
16 oz. package white chocolate chips

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.

Using a stand mixer, beat together butter, sugars, and vanilla until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Slowly add flour mixture in two or three additions.

Stir in chocolate chips with a wooden spoon. Roll dough into balls and flatten slightly.

Bake for 9 minutes on ungreased cookie sheets. (My cookies were large and needed about 13 - 15 minutes). Cool on baking sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to wire cooking rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment