Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Coconut Raspberry Cupcakes

I've been on a coconut kick. While there is nothing wrong with that in my opinion, I'm not fully to blame. You see everyone keeps requesting coconut. Who I am to deny a request? Especially when it's for one of my favorite flavors (and for my favorite person!). My husband and I have transformed our bodies over the past two years with diet and exercise. Because of this, I have been baking much less. For his birthday, he decided he didn't want cake. I know, right? He's crazy! So I didn't plan on making him a cake like I normally do. Well at the last second, my husband broke down and asked me to make him coconut cupcakes for his birthday. I obliged, but I didn't have many ingredients on hand. I found some shredded coconut and raspberry jam in the pantry and came up with raspberry-filled vanilla cupcakes with coconut buttercream. These were sweet and fruity and devoured by the birthday boy! 

Coconut Raspberry Cupcakes

Vanilla Cupcakes
1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves
Coconut Buttercream
1/2 shredded coconut (optional)

After the cupcakes have cooled, fill them with the seedless raspberry preserves, using the cone method. Then top with a swirl of coconut buttercream and some shredded coconut if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment