Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Coconut Creme Cupcakes

If you already didn't know, I love coconut. It's my favorite flavor. I think you either hate it or love it. Many don't like it because of its texture. I love the flavor and the texture, and I tend to gravitate toward coconut-flavored treats. I made these coconut creme cupcakes for my coconut-loving friend's birthday, and they were well received—even by the self-proclaimed coconut-hating partygoers. I stuffed chocolate and vanilla cupcakes with coconut pudding and topped them with coconut buttercream and then dipped the tops in shredded coconut. They are a coconut-lovers dream!




Coconut Creme Cupcakes
Vanilla Cupcakes (makes 1 dozen)
Chocolate Cupcakes  (makes 1 dozen)
1 cup shredded coconut

While the cupcakes are baking, make the coconut creme filling.

Coconut Creme Filling
1 package coconut cream Jell-O pudding
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon coconut extract

Whisk together all ingredients and chill for one hour. 

Coconut Buttercream
2 sticks butter, room temperature
4 - 6 cups powdered sugar
1 and 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 - 4 tablespoons water

Cream the butter until light and fluffy. Add coconut and vanilla extracts and beat well. Add powdered sugar one cup at a time and water until desired consistency is reached. Beat well.


Assembly
After the cupcakes are cooled, remove the centers of each cupcake using the cone method. Fill the centers with coconut creme filling and then top with coconut buttercream. Dip each top in shredded coconut and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment