Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken



I was planning to make grilled chicken with pasta and vodka sauce for dinner, until I remembered we had a bag of mozzarella cheese in the fridge. I decided to jazz dinner up a bit and make something similar to my bleu cheese stuffed buffalo chicken. I stuffed the chicken with mozzarella cheese, lightly breaded it, and popped it in the oven. This was delicious and easy. As soon as you cut into the chicken, nice melty cheese oozed out. My husband called it a new take on chicken parmesan. I served it with a side of pasta and vodka sauce.

Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken
Ingredients:
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese 
1/2 cup bread crumbs
salt, pepper, Italian seasoning

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly spray baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Cut each chicken breast in half.
Cut a slit in the middle of each chicken breast.
Stuff slit in chicken with mozzarella cheese.
Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
Lightly coat chicken with bread crumbs.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Serve with your favorite sauce and pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment