Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

On the First Day of Christmas...

Ange baked up to eat: Chocolate Chip Cookies

Since we were putting the Christmas tree up, I figured we needed some cookies. I would love to bake on all 12 days of Christmas, but with the busy holiday season, I don't think I will have time to do it. Anyways, I sure will try to bake a treat on most of the 12 days. This is the first Christmas cookie of the year, requested by my loving husband. I use the Nestle Tollhouse recipe.

Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies
adaptations in red
Ingredients:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda

3/4 teaspoon salt (since I use salted butter)
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon water
2 large eggs
12 oz. package Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375.
Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and water until creamy.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Gradually beat in flour mixture.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Roll dough into balls and bake on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 9 - 11 minutes.
Cool on baking sheets for 2 - 4 minutes.
Place on wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment