Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies

Growing up, my Aunt Margie made the best Christmas cookies. My favorite was her cream cheese chocolate chip cookies. Every year, I looked forward to those tangy and light cookies. They were so pillowy and soft. When I was old enough, she shared the recipe with me, but I lost it. With no way to recover it, I had to hunt down another recipe. I am sad to say while these are yummy and soft chocolate chip cookies, they are missing that tangy flavor I remember and not as cakey as the ones from my childhood. 



Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: adapted from Bakingblonde

2 cups plus 3 tablespsoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 and 1/2 sticks butter (melted and cooled)
6 oz. cream cheese (softened)
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla1
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup mix chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt, and set aside.
Beat butter and cream cheese together on medium-high until smooth. 
Add sugars and vanilla, and beat until combined. 
Cool cookies on baking sheets for a few minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Add flour mixture, and beat on  low until incorporated.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop dough onto baking sheets, and bake for 12 - 14 minutes until edges are light brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment