Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Barbeque Pork Quesadillas

We make a lot of quesadillas and I mean a lot! They are an easy and yummy way to use up leftovers. Plus we have two, yes I said TWO quesadilla makers, so now there is no waiting between quesadillas. This time I had some leftover pork chops to use up. I pulled the meat off the bone, shredded it, and added barbeque sauce. I spread the mixture between two flour tortillas with some shredded cheese and voila, barbeque pork quesadillas. I think these top my list of new favorites.

Barbeque Pork Quesadillas
*makes two quesadillas
Ingredients:
4 large flour tortillas (I used fajita size.)
3 leftover pork chops
1/4 - 1/2 cup barbeque sauce
2 cups shredded cheese (I used colby jack.)
sour cream, salsa, shredded lettuce

Directions:
While quesadilla maker (or skillet) is preheating, pull pork from the bone.
Shred pork with a fork, add barbeque sauce, and mix well.
Layer half of the pork mixture and half of the cheese on top of a flour tortilla.
Cover with another tortilla.
Place on quesadilla maker (or skillet) and cook for about 4 minutes.
(If you are using a skillet, flip over after 2 minutes.)
Slice into triangles and serve with sour cream, salsa, and shredded lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment