Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Baked Zucchini Slabs

One of our favorite pizza places makes the best deep fried zucchini slabs. They are battered, greasy goodness. Unfortunately since the loss of my gall bladder, fried foods make me very sick, so I tend to avoid them. After craving the fried ones for quite some time, I decided to try and make them at home. I baked them instead of frying and I used panko bread crumbs. While they are not as good as their greasy cousins, they were still delicious. Baking these brought out the sweetness of the zucchini and the panko gave them a nice crunch. So the next time I'm craving fried zucchini, I'll make these instead.

Baked Zucchini Slabs
Ingredients:
2 medium-sized zucchini
2 eggs
4 tablespoons flour
1 cup panko bread crumbs
salt & pepper, to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Spray a flat baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Slice zucchini into slabs and season with salt and pepper.
Put flour and zucchini in a ziplock bag and shake to coat.
Beat eggs in a small bowl.
Pour panko bread crumbs on a plate.
Dip zucchini slabs into egg and then bread crumbs.
Bake 10 minutes and then flip the slabs.
Bake an additional 10 minutes.
Serve with ranch dressing, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment