Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Wedding Cupakes (The Big Day)

I recently was asked to take part in a couple's special day. I was so honored to be asked to make a wedding cupcake cake. After a few weeks of planning and numerous test cupcakes, I was ready for the big day. I spent the week before the wedding making drop flowers for the tops of the cupcakes and side of the cake. Two days before the wedding, I baked a carrot cake and 120 carrot and vanilla cupcakes. On the night before the wedding, I decorated the cake and cupcakes to look like roses. On the day of the wedding, I set up the cake and cupcakes on my new Cupcake Tower, which I love and highly recommend. It was a lot of work, but I was thrilled with the way everything came out and the buzz the cake generated at the wedding. It was a hit! Congrats to Carol and Paul!


Here's a close ups of the cake and the cupcakes:


The white ones were carrot  with cream cheese icing and the purple ones were vanilla with vanilla buttercream. I decorated them with white edible pearls and purple and white flowers.

The cake was carrot with cream cheese icing.

3 comments:

  1. Great job! I love cupcake wedding cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cupcake display ended up looking beautiful! I love the colors and your presentation. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful as Usual Ange!!!! You are Amazeing and Love a good challenge!!! So Lovely for such a Special day!!! Amy

    ReplyDelete