Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Chocolate Peep Cupcakes

I made these for my cousin's birthday, which just so happens to be close to Easter. She asked for chocolate cupcakes, which was a surprise since she loves vanilla. I decided to make her triple chocolate cupcakes, but I instead filled them with whipped white chocolate ganache. I then decorated them with a festive Peep and some sprinkles.

Whipped White Chocolate Ganache
Source: Adapted from Smitten Kitchen

1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/2 tablespoon butter

Place white chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and set aside. Simmer the heavy cream in a small saucepan until hot. Pour hot cream over the white chocolate chips and let sit for one minute. Add the butter and stir until silky and smooth. Cool completely. With a hand mixer, beat ganache on high speed for several minutes until light and fluffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment