Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Ham, Pepper, & Goat Cheese Egg Cups

I'm not a huge fan of eggs, but since I need more protein in my diet, I am trying. I decided to make some egg cups to have as a morning snack everyday to replace the oatmeal or cereal I have been eating. These were easy to make and baked up quickly. I like that you can add just about any ingredient you have on hand. I decided to use ham, green peppers, and goat cheese. But sausage and spinach would be good, too! You can also top these with salsa or avocado. The only issue is that some stuck to the pan. Next time, I will make sure to grease the pan better.

Ham, Pepper, & Goat Cheese Egg Cups
Source: Adapted from Pinterest
(makes about 8)

6 eggs
1/4 milk (I didn't use because I didn't have any.)
1/8 cup chopped green pepper
1/8 cup ham (cubed)
1/8 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons goat cheese, divided
salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Spray a cupcake tin liberally with nonstick cooking spray or line with 8 paper cupcake liners and mist with nonstick cooking spray. (Make sure you spray the wells of the pan well.)
Whisk together the eggs and milk and pour into the wells of the pan.
Divide the ham, green pepper, and shredded cheese between the wells.
Dot the goat cheese on top of each well. 
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Cool and either freeze or store in the refrigerator.
To heat, pop in the microwave for about one minute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment