Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Zucchini Tots

Ever hear the famous line, "Lock your car doors, it's zucchini time!"? Well it is! Watch out or you will end up with a ton of it. Every year, I am given endless zucchinis from people's gardens. I love zucchini, but I'm always on the hunt for something different. These tots fit the bill. I adjusted the recipe a bit to add more cheese, and they were so cheesy and delicious that I wished I had made more.

Zucchini Tots
Source: adapted from Kirby's Cravings

1 and 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (squeezed and patted dry)
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup regular bread crumbs
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 - 1/2 cup shredded cheese
(I used cheddar.)

1 large egg
salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning (to taste)

Shred zucchini and squeeze and pat dry.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Add zucchini, egg, cheese, breadcrumbs, and seasonings to a large mixing bowl and mix with your hands until everything is thoroughly combined. You may need to add more breadcrumbs if your mixture is too wet, but the mixture should not be dry.
Shape mixture into tot shapes and place on the baking sheet.
Bake for about 20 minutes until bottoms are golden brown and crispy and flip over and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment