Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Mustard-Herb Crusted Pork Chops

Randy brought me home this recipe to try. He found it in an old magazine and tore it out. It's an Emeril recipe. I never made one of his recipes before, so I was excited to try it. The original recipe called for lamb chops, but I opted to use pork chops instead. Don't get me wrong, I love lamb, but I have never made it before. It's one of those meats like veal that I let restaurants cook for me. Plus it's also hard to find in crappy NEPA grocery stores. This recipe was delicious, so flavorful. I can't even describe how good it was, plus it was simple. I'm always looking for new ways to jazz up breaded pork and chicken and this recipe is a keeper.

Mustard-Herb Crusted Pork Chops
adapted from Emeril Lagasse, Emeril 20-40-60

Ingredients:
6 boneless center-cut pork chops
1/4 cup dijon mustard
1 tablespoon minced garlic
3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried rosemary (or 1 tablespoon fresh)
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons canola or olive oil

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly spray baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Mix together mustard and garlic.
Mix together bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and herbs.
Salt and pepper pork chops.
Brush mustard mixture on pork chops.
Dredge chops in bread crumb mixture.
Heat oil in skillet on high heat.
Cook pork chops 2 minutes on each side.
Place in baking dish.
Bake for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment