Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Easy Alfredo Sauce

I had my heart set on chicken scampi for dinner. A nice light lemony sauce with a zip of garlic. I opened the fridge and realized I forgot to buy lemons at the store. I did, however, have a half of block of cream cheese waiting to be used up. I was planning on making icing for cupcakes, but the weather has been too hot. I had bookmarked this recipe for an easy alfredo sauce and decided to give it a try. It was very easy to make and very tasty. It had a nice creamy texture, but it was a little thick. Adding a little more milk would have easily solved that problem.

Easy Alfredo Sauce
Source: Adapted from Cooks.com

4 oz. cream cheese
1/2 stick butter
2 - 4 tablespoons flour
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup milk
1 clove fresh garlic, minced

In a pan, melt cream cheese and butter over low-medium heat. Whisk in milk. Add flour one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached. Turn to low and add cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. Simmer for a few minutes over low heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment