Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Smores Pie


It's difficult to make cupcakes when it's over 80 degrees outside. My husband has forbade me to turn on the oven since it heats up the already hot house. Then, there's the icing dilemma: buttercreams, swiss meringue buttercreams, and whipped creams melt all over the place. And I don't do shortening. So cupcakes were off the list of desserts for this week. I decided to make a dessert that I've been neglecting: Pie! I whipped this together using some stuff I had hanging around my pantry. Don't judge, nothing is homemade and I'm OK with that. I did, however, pretty it up by piping some whipped topping on top and finishing it with a cherry. I'm proud to say this quick and easy pie was very yummy, even if it wasn't homemade.

Smores Pie

Ingredients:
1 graham pie crust
1 cup marshmallow fluff
1 contained whipped topping, divided
1 package chocolate pudding
1 and 1/2 cups milk
maraschino cherries (optional)

Directions:
Whisk together pudding and milk for two minutes and fold in 1/2 cup whipped topping. Set aside. Mix together marshmallow fluff and 1/2 cup whipped topping. Layer marshmallow mixture onto botom of pie crust. Layer chocolate pudding mixture over marshmallow layer. Top with more whipped topping and a cherry.

No comments:

Post a Comment