Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Bacon-Bleu Potato Salad

There is no shortage of salads during the summer: pasta, potato, and macaroni. It's always the same. Every cookout has them. By mid-summer, I am sick of the same old thing. I was looking for something a little different when I found this recipe. I'm not a huge fan of potato salad, but this one may have changed my mind. I loved the sharpness the bleu cheese gave this dish, plus the saltiness of the bacon. If you're looking for a dish to bring to a cookout, then you need to try this recipe. 

Source: adapted from First for Woman, May 24, 2010
Bacon-Bleu Potato Salad

Ingredients:
2 pounds potatoes
1/2 cup mayo (I used one made with olive oil.)
1/4 cup salad dressing (such as Miracle Whip)
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/2 - 3/4 cup bleu cheese crumbles
4 - 6 slices bacon
salt & pepper, to taste

Cube potatoes, leaving skins on and boil until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.

Fry bacon. Drain grease and set aside. When cooled, crumble into small pieces. 

After potatoes and bacon have cooled, mix together mayo, salad dressing, sour cream, dijon mustard, vinegar. Fold in bacon and bleu cheese. Pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.

1 comment: