Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Beer Bread

I am addicted to Pinterest. I can waste hours pinning recipes and things for the home. It's my way to unwind after a stressful day at work. And it's a way for me to find new recipes to try. I found this simple recipe for beer bread on Pinterest, and it just so happens that this month's theme for my What's Baking group is quick breads. So I had an excuse to make it. And it came out wonderful! I used Stegmaier Oktoberfest beer from our local Lion Brewery (we're blessed to have a handful of local breweries), which added a nice hint of spice to the bread.

Beer Bread
source: Short Stop Blog via Pinterest

3 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (12-ounce) bottle beer (I used Stegmaier Oktoberfest.)
3 tablespoons butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.


Melt butter in microwave and set aside. 

Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.


Add beer and mix until combined. (Dough will be sticky.)

Place dough into loaf pan, and pour melted butter on top of loaf.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes, or until top is golden brown.



No comments:

Post a Comment