Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Fiesta Stuffed Chicken

We eat a lot of chicken. Chicken is very versatile. You can bread it. You can grill it. You can fry it. You can bake it. You can marinade it. You can stuff it. You get my drift. I really like stuffed chicken. It's a nice surprise when you cut into chicken and something oozes out. I really wanted Mexican when I came home tonight, but I didn't want tacos, quesadillas, or enchiladas. I decided to try something new. I stuffed a chicken breast with salsa and cream cheese. I breaded it and tossed it in the oven. It was creamy-spicy deliciousness. Very tasty and easy to whip together on a weeknight. I served it with black beans and rice. 

Fiesta Stuffed Chicken

Ingredients:
3 chicken breasts
1/2 block (4 oz.) cream cheese (I used Neufchatel)
1/4 - 1/2 cup salsa
1/2 package taco seasoning
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
1 egg

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray the bottom of a baking dish with nonstick spray.
Mix together taco seasoning and bread crumbs.
Cut cream cheese into cubes.
Cut a slit in the middle of each chicken breast.
Stuff chicken with a cube (or two) of cream cheese.
Add salsa to fill slit and close slit.
Beat egg and dip chicken in egg and then bread crumb mixture.
Place in baking dish slit side up.
Bake 30 minutes.
Serve with salsa on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment