Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hot Honey Garlic Chicken Wings

My husband broke out the Winganator this past weekend.
It's actually a Rival "Wing It" deep fryer made for frying chicken wings that Randy calls the Winganator. I got it for him the Valentine's Day right before we got engaged in 2006. I gave him the gift of deep frying and he gave me an engagement ring. I think we both won.


Randy has been dying to make fresh chicken wings since football season started. We were in the grocery store and he stated yet again, "We have to make fresh wings." I stopped him right there and demanded to know what these fresh wings were. He explained that fresh wings taste much better than the frozen ones. I didn't argue and he got his fresh wings. 

He tossed the wings in a sauce close to the one we always get at one of our favorite restaurants called The Tipsy Turtle. It was a nice mix of heat, sweet, and garlic. No kissing after these wings.

Hot Honey Garlic Chicken Wings

Ingredients:
1 dozen fresh chicken wings
1/2 cup Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wings sauce
1 tablespoon garlic
1 and 1/2 tablespoons honey
salt & pepper, to taste
vegetable oil, for frying

Instructions:
Fill Winganator (or deep fryer or deep pan) with vegetable oil.
Preheat oil to 375 degrees. Salt and pepper wings.

Drop wings carefully in fryer. Fry for 10 minutes. Remove wings from fryer and drain on paper towels.

Combine hot sauce, garlic, and honey in a large bowl and mix well. Toss wings in sauce to coat. Transfer wings to a 250 degree oven to keep warm between batches.

Here's a cute picture of my husband wearing my apron
while he was deep frying the wings.

(notice the cans of beer in his pockets)


3 comments: