Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries

Randy loves strawberries—they're his favorite. When I saw this recipe on a fellow nestie's blog, I knew I had to make these for him. I forgot all about it until Valentine's Day rolled around. I wanted to make something other than cupcakes or cookies and these were screaming my name. They were the perfect dessert. If you love strawberries and cheesecake, what's not to love. They're like little bites of heaven. These weren't too time consuming either. I already have plans to make these again soon.

Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
source: The Novice Chef

Ingredients:
24 fresh strawberries
Cheesecake filling (I used a box of Jell-o No Bake Cheesecake)
1 1/2 cups milk (per the directions on the box)
crushed graham crackers (included with mix)
1 square of chocolate almond bark (optional)

Directions:
Wash strawberries and slice off the tops. Hollow out the strawberries. I used a potato peeler per the The Novice Chef and it worked perfectly! Turn the berries over on paper towels to dry. (I froze the strawberries pieces to make smoothies.)

Prepare the cheesecake filling per the directions on the box. Fill a decorating bag fitted with a tip or use a ziploc bag with the corner snipped off. Fill strawberries.

Place the crushed graham crackers on a small plate and dip the filled ends of each strawberry into the graham crackers.

If desired, melt chocolate in the microwave and spoon it into a ziploc bag. Snip off the corner and drizzle the chocolate on top of the strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment