Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Shrimp Scampi

Shrimp scampi is one of my favorite meals. It's really easy to make, yet the majority of restaurants we go to always seem to mess it up. It's either flavorless, too lemony, too garlicky, or my pet peeve: They burn the garlic. If I want delicious scampi, I have to make it myself. I make this dish two different ways. Sometimes I throw everything together in a pan over medium heat on the stovetop and saute it and sometimes (when I'm feeling lazy) I throw it in a casserole dish and pop it in the oven. Whatever method is used always yields great results: Perfectly cooked shrimp in a light lemon-butter-garlic sauce. 

Shrimp Scampi
Ingredients:
1/2 - 3/4 pound shrimp
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup chicken stock or white wine
2 - 3 tablespoons minced garlic
1/8 - 1/4 cup canola (or olive) oil
4 - 6 tablespoons butter
Salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, parsley (to taste)
1 tablespoon bread crumbs (optional)
 
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Clean shrimp and leave tails on.
Add all ingredients to a casserole dish.
Sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
Bake 20 minutes, until shrimp are no longer pink.
Serve over angel hair pasta with crusty bread to soak up the juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment