Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Chicken & Mushrooms



I had some leftover wine (I know!) and mushrooms in the fridge that I needed to use up, so I decided to throw in some chicken and make it a meal. This is an easy, light dish. The sweetness of the wine balances out the lemon and herbs. It's delicious. 

Ingredients: 
1 pound chicken breast
1 1/2 cups white mushrooms, sliced and washed
1 cup white wine (I used a semi-sweet.)
1/2 lemon
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon minced garlic
3 tablespoons butter
salt & pepper to taste

Directions:
Cut chicken (if desired) into small bit-sized pieces.
Saute chicken in canola oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, until no longer pink.
Add mushrooms, wine, lemon, thyme, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper. 
Simmer over medium-high heat for a few minutes until sauce reduces.
Add butter and continue cooking until butter is melted.
Serve over pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment