Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Cajun Fried Shrimp

I picked up panko bread crumbs at the grocery store to give them a second chance. I've used them before and I wasn't a fan. I'm still on the fence about them. I think they work really well for some dishes, such as veggies and shrimp, and not so much for others. I think I'll stick to my regular bread crumbs for dishes such as pork, chicken, and fish. That aside, the panko bread crumbs make these shrimp really, really crispy. I loved the crunch and the spice of the cajun. They were fabulous. I could have just eaten these and nothing else for dinner. If you like crunchy, spicy shrimp, give these a try.

Cajun Fried Shrimp
Ingredients:
about 40 small-medium shrimp
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup garlic bread crumbs
4 tablespoons flour
2 eggs
2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
2 - 4 tablespoons canola oil
salt & pepper, to taste

Directions:
Clean and devein shrimp. Place flour, salt, pepper, and 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning in a ziploc bag and add shrimp. Shake to coat shrimp.

Beat eggs in a bowl. Mix together 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning and panko and garlic bread crumbs and spread on a plate. Dip shrimp in egg then bread crumb mixture. Repeat with remaining shrimp.

Heat canola oil over high heat in a skillet. Fry shrimp a few at a time until golden brown and no longer pink. Drain excess grease on paper towels.

No comments:

Post a Comment