Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Banana Cupcakes


I was recently asked to make banana cupcakes for a birthday. I have never made banana cupcakes before, so I was at a loss. I needed a recipe and fast. I googled a few recipes and looked through a few blogs, before I went to my fellow nesties for help. A fellow blogger and nestie came through with this Martha Stewart recipe. And like most of her recipes, this only did not disappoint either. I have to try more of Martha's cupcake recipes in the near future. I didn't have time to do a test run with these, but luckily they came out perfectly. They had great banana favor, and the texture wasn't as dense as a muffin. I topped these with a vanilla buttercream per request, but I think a cream cheese frosting would be divine on these.

Banana Cupcakes
Source: Martha Stewart as seen on Loves to Eat

Ingredients:
1 and 1/2 cups flour (spooned and leveled)
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt (I omitted since I used salted butter.)
1 stick butter, melted
1 and 1/2 cups mashed bananas (I used 2 large ripe bananas.)
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake tin with 12 cupcake liners. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Using hands, mix together melted butter, mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla in well. Incorporate flour mixture (do not overmix). Divide batter among cupcake liners. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes (Mine baked in 20 minutes, so watch them!). Remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment