Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Lager Chicken

This is another recipe brought to you by Randy. One of my husband's favorite things in the world (besides me, of course) is a nice cold beer. When he found this recipe for lager-flavored chicken, he couldn't wait to make it. I was also thrilled since I didn't have to make dinner. (Although I did have to make sides and clean up.) This chicken was so moist and had a nice beer flavor that was complemented by the hickory chips that he used in his new grill box. It was so good that I could have just eaten this chicken and tossed the zucchini aside and I love zucchini! So the next time you have a can or bottle of leftover lager beer (preferably Yuengling if you're from Pennsylvania), make this recipe. You won't be disappointed.

Ingredients:
6 - 8 chicken thighs (with skin and with or without bones)
1 bottle or can of Yuengling Lager (or any other lager)
1/4 cup dijon mustard
3 tablespoons canola or olive oil
1 - 2 cloves thinly sliced fresh garlic
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce

Directions:
Whisk together all ingredients. Place chicken in a zip lock bag and pour in marinade. Put in fridge and let marinate at least 6 hours, turning occasionally. Drain chicken and discard marinade. Pat chicken dry and grill over a medium-high heat for 20 minutes, until no longer pink.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to try this! I know the fellow would just love it!! But I am betting he will want to make it with Guiness! Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete