Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Guitar Cake

I was commissioned by my husband's coworker to make a guitar cake for her son's birthday. I was told his favorite color was teal and went from there. I made a two-layer chocolate cake using my go-to chocolate cake recipe, filled it with chocolate pudding, and iced it with vanilla buttercream. Now I make a lot of cakes. I make them and send them off and that's that. Well ever since I made this cake, I've been dreaming about it. It smelled and looked delicious. I think it was the pudding filling. The birthday boy and his family loved this cake, which made me very happy.

My Favorite Vanilla Buttercream
2 sticks butter, room temperature
5 - 6 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 - 3 tablespoons water

Cream the butter. Add vanilla and beat well. Add powdered sugar one cup at a time and water until desired consistency is reached. Beat well.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome cake Ange!!! Thank-you for helping to make Jamies Birthday so special...This cake was Delicious,and All of our guests enjoyed it very much...You will certainly be part of ALL of our special occasions...Your talents were SO APPRECIATED and enjoyed!!! Thanks again!! Sincerely Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are super in buttercream! I am trying to take a class in piping! Fondant is more my area but I feel that people are going to start going back to the basics and the handiwork of piping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It's hard on the wrist, but I love it! Now I just need to try my hand at fondant.

    ReplyDelete