Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

"The Pie That Won't Die"

When the theme was chosen for this month's What's Baking Challenge, I knew right away what I would be making. Who doesn't love pumpkin cream pie? Honestly, I love this pie, but I hate making it. It's not that this pie is hard to make. I've been making this pie for many years now. I just want to retire it and try something new. Every year I swear I will never make this pie again. And then I do! It's just that every year I HAVE to make this pie. My family always requests it, so I make it. I like to call it "The Pie That Won't Die." This pumpkin pie is very easy to make and quite delicious. One warning, though: Everyone who tries it, loves it.

Pumpkin Cream Pie aka "The Pie That Won't Die"
Source: adapted from Kraft Recipes

Ingredients:
1 graham cracker pie crust
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon sugar
4 oz. whipped topping (plus more for topping)
1 can (15 oz.) solid pumpkin (not pie filling)
1 cup milk 
2 packages vanilla instant pudding
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

Directions:
Beat together cream cheese, 1 tablespoon milk, and sugar in large bowl until blended.
Fold in 4 oz. whipped topping and spread into bottom of crust.
In another bowl, whisk together 1 cup milk, pumpkin, pudding mixes, and pumpkin pie spice.
Spread mixture over cream cheese layer.
Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
Serve topped with additional whipped topping if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment