Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Baked Chicken Scampi

Garlic and butter how I love thee! I love chicken scampi. When I make this dish, I usually saute the chicken on the stove top in a butter-garlic chicken broth. This time I decided to throw all the ingredients over the chicken, top it with some panko breadcrumbs for crunch, and pop it in the oven instead. Out came a buttery garlic dream. The best part of this dish is it's so easy to make. Plus it was so delicious that my husband forbade me from making scampi any other way.

Baked Chicken Scampi

Ingredients:
3 chicken breasts
1/2 lemon
2 - 3 cloves fresh garlic (minced)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
Salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, parsley

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut chicken breast in half and place in lightly greased baking dish.
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
Melt butter in a small saucepan.
Add olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and parsley.
Cook until garlic is soft and fragrant.
Pour butter mixture over chicken and top with panko bread crumbs.
Bake for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment