Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Chicken Enchiladas

Have I professed my love for Mexican food? Well I love it. Love it. Love it. Love it. And I love this recipe for chicken enchiladas. (Don't let the bad picture throw you off.) It's cheesy, saucy, not too spicy, Mexican deliciousness! I crave it. It's always a hit and always delicious. I haven't met one person who didn't love this recipe. Plus it's easy, which is great for a busy editor such as myself. I found the salsa chicken recipe when I first started lurking on the nestie cooking boards and I don't know if there is a source. So dust off that crock pot and get your Mexican on!

Start with Salsa Chicken.

Salsa Chicken:
3 - 4 Chicken breasts
1/2 package taco seasoning
1 - 2 teaspoons Ancho chili powder (optional)
1 jar of your favorite salsa
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can back beans (drained)
1 bag of frozen corn (optional)

Directions:
Place chicken in bottom of crock pot.
Sprinkle with taco seasoning and Ancho chili powder.
Mix together salsa and cream of chicken soup.
Cover chicken with salsa mixture.
Cook on low 4 - 6 hours until chicken is fully cooked.
Remove chicken from liquid.
Shred chicken with two forks and return to crock pot.
Add corn and black beans and cook an additional 30 minutes.

Chicken Enchiladas:
Salsa chicken
Flour tortillas
Shredded cheese
1 - 2 cans enchilada sauce

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spoon chicken into tortillas.
Top with shredded cheese and roll up.
Place rolled up tortillas in lightly greased pan.
Repeat with the rest of tortillas.
Cover rolled up tortillas with enchilada sauce.
Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
Bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
Serve with salsa, hot sauce, sour cream, and rice on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment