Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Chicken Scampi

Scampi is one of my favorite dinners. How can you go wrong with garlic and butter? I love it so much I forgot to take a picture before we dug in. This is a quick and easy recipe, and shrimp can be substituted for the chicken. This recipe is mostly by eye, but I've done my best to approximate measurements.

Ingredients
3 chicken breasts
1/2 can chicken stock
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 - 3 cloves garlic (minced)
1/8 - 1/4 cup olive oil
4 - 6 tablespoons butter
Salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, parsley

Directions
Clean chicken and cut into pieces.
Salt and pepper chicken.
Saute chicken in skillet over medium heat until no longer pink.
Add olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, and parsley.
Saute 1 - 2 minutes.
Add lemon juice, butter, and chicken stock.
Saute 3 - 5 minutes.
Serve over pasta or rice with crusty bread to soak up the juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment