Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Not a T.V. Dinner Salisbury Steak

You remember those gross T.V. dinners with salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, and corn? The ones where you were lucky if they included a brownie for dessert? I grew up eating a lot of those frozen, processed dinners. That's what happens when you come from a single-parent family. They were awful and I vowed I would never eat frozen salisbury steak ever again. I hadn't eaten those little beef patties for quite some time and a few years ago my cousin gave me this recipe. I did modify it a bit to exclude onions since we don't eat them. So if you like hamburgers covered in gravy, then you'll love this recipe.

Salisbury Steak
Ingredients:
1.5 pounds ground beef
1 cup white mushrooms, sliced
10 - 15 saltine crackers
2 - 3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon onion salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 packet brown gravy

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly spray baking pan with nonstick spray
Make gravy as directed and set aside.
Crush saltines and mix with milk.
Add saltine mixture, garlic, onion salt, and pepper to ground beef.
Mix and shape into 6 patties.
Cover with mushrooms and gravy.
Bake for 35 - 40 minutes.
Serve with mashed potatoes and corn for the full T.V. dinner experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment