Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Candy Studded Cookies

I had some leftover candy crowding my cupboards, so I decided to throw it all together in some cookies. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips, Rolos, peanut butter cups, and chocolate bars. I found this recipe in relish after Halloween and tucked it away. I was going to use my old standby for chocolate chip cookies and just add the candy, but I wanted to try something new. These cookies were a flop. I expected them to be nice and gooey from the caramel and peanut butter, but they turned out very crispy. They were actually too crispy. I followed the baking instructions exactly and even underbaked them a few minutes. The flavor was good, but they needed to be soaked in milk before they were close to edible. I will not be making these again.

Candy Studded Cookies
adapted from relish

Ingredients:
3 2/3 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (I used 1/2 teaspoon regular salt)
2 sticks butter
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 to 3 cups candy (I used 3 cups of Rolos, peanut butter cups, Hershey's bars, and semi-sweet chocolate chips)

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Chop candy and set aside. 
3. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in one bowl. 
4. In another bowl, beat together butter and both sugars with mixer until light and fluffy.
5. Add eggs to butter/sugar mixture and mix well.
6. Add vanilla and flour mixture and beat on low speed until combined.
7. Stir in candy.
8. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
9. Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
10. Cool cookies on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment