Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

Meatballs


Who doesn't love spaghetti? Well my husband doesn't, unless, however, it is accompanied by meatballs. He won't even eat spaghetti unless the sauce has some kind of meat in it. I have made meatballs a few other times, but they didn't come out as good as I hoped. I tweaked the spices a bit and pan seared them before cooking them in the crock pot. I think I finally got it right this time. They were perfect.

Meatballs
yields about 20 medium-sized meatballs

Ingredients:
1.5 pounds ground beef
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon onion salt
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 egg

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Be careful not to over mix.
Shape into round balls.
Fry in canola oil on medium-high heat 1 - 2 minutes on each side.
Transfer to crock pot with your favorite sauce.
Cook on low for 4 - 6 hours.
Serve over angel hair pasta with bread and a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment