Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Chocolate Marshmallow Ying Yang Cake

I made this cake for our nephew's birthday. He is 17 and requested a chocolate cake with chocolate icing decorated as a ying yang. I chose to go with flavor over looks with this cake. I really wasn't feeling the design, so I concentrated on making it taste perfect. It didn't come out too bad, but I know it could have looked so much better had I spent more time on it. I made a three-layer Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate cake. I filled it and iced half of it with marshmallow icing and the other half with Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Frosting. I had some cake complications and had to re-make the cakes because they got stuck in the pans. I don't know what happened, but the second cakes came out perfect. I think it came out pretty good despite the complications. Plus it tasted awesome. If you love chocolate and marshmallow then you will love this cake.

4 comments:

  1. Found your site from Foodie Blogroll. the Hershey's cake looks divine, will try to adapt it to gluten free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a scrumptious blog you have!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cake is so cute! I love it! I also LOVE marshmallow frosting, so I am sure I'd love this cake. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's nice to know other people had the same Wilton class experiences I did (even though I wish we all had good experiences). I guess I was just hoping for something completely different.

    Don't be scared of fondant. It's actually so easy! I love working with it, way more than I do buttercream! :)

    ReplyDelete