Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Caramel Banana Cream Pie

This a test. This is only a test. I have been tasked with making desserts for Turkey Day for both parents' houses this year. I always make a pumpkin cream pie (a pie that I have to make every year), so I wanted to keep with the theme and make some other kind of cream pie. I was torn between either banana cream pie or chocolate cream pie. I planned on testing them both, but after trying this pie, I forgot all about the chocolate cream pie as banana cream was clearly the winner. I originally had this pie from Kraft bookmarked, but it called for white chocolate pudding. Do you know how hard it is to find white chocolate pudding? I didn't, but after three different stores I know now. So I made this one with a few changes instead.

Caramel Banana Cream Pie
adapted from Kraft

Ingredients:
1 pie shell (I used graham cracker crust)
1 box of vanilla instant pudding
1 box of banana instant pudding
2 bananas
1 container whipped topping
2 cups milk (I used skim.)
2 - 3 tablespoons caramel sauce

Directions:
1. Slice bananas.
2. Whisk together banana pudding and 1 cup of milk.
3. Stir in 1/2 cup whipped topping into pudding.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with vanilla pudding.
5. Layer half the banana slices on bottom of pie.
6. Drizzle with 1 - 2 tablespoons caramel sauce.
7. Top with banana pudding mixture.
8. Top pudding layer with the rest of banana slices.
9. Top bananas with vanilla pudding layer
10. Top pudding layer with thin layer of whipped topping.
11. Refrigerate 4 - 6 hours.
12. Right before serving, drizzle 1 tablespoon of caramel on top of pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment