Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

Ladybug Cake

This was a last minute cake. My cousins from Long Island, New York came to visit us for the Fourth of July. It also happened to be my cousin, Judy's birthday, so I whipped her up a surprise cake, cause that's what I do. She loves ladybugs and since I didn't have much time to prepare I searched the Internet for inspiration. I found this cake here.


I made a two-layer round white cake (from a box) and filled it with my homemade vanilla buttercream. I had to use an entire container of "no taste red" Wilton red gel to get the buttercream icing the correct shade of red. For the black icing, I started with Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Frosting and added black gel until it was dark enough. For a last minute cake, it didn't come out too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment