Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Coconut birthday cupcakes

So now that the word is out that I make cakes, I'm getting bombarded with requests. And, I'm loving it! These cupcakes were for Randy's friend, Matt. His birthday was in June and we went bowling for his birthday, too. I was so excited to make these cupcakes because Matt requested coconut. I love coconut and no one else I know does, so I never get a chance to make anything coconut. The cupcakes were vanilla tie-dyed all different colors. I iced them with coconut buttercream and rolled them in flaked coconut. They were delicious and Matt was very happy. I was told everyone loved them (even my coconut-hating husband).

Coconut Buttercream Icing (makes enough to frost 24-30 cupcakes)
Ingredients:
1 pound of powdered sugar (make sure it's 10X)
1 stick of salted butter (room temperature)
2-4 tablespoons milk (or any other liquid of choice)
2 teaspoons coconut extract (I used imitation)

Directions:
Beat butter and coconut extract until smooth.
Add powdered sugar and milk until you reach desired consistency.
Frost cupcakes.
Dip frosted tops in flaked coconut.

No comments:

Post a Comment